Join Our Team: Communications Officer
The Cultural Relations Platform is on the lookout for a dynamic and skilled Communications Officer to join its team. As a junior non-key expert, you will play a pivotal role in coordinating and implementing the communication strategies that underpin the Platform’s diverse activities.
About the Cultural Relations Platform:
The Cultural Relations Platform c/o Goethe-Institut Brussels*, which is based in Brussels (Belgium) is dedicated to enhancing the role of culture in the European Union’s external relations. By engaging with cultural operators worldwide, the Platform aims to deepen knowledge and understanding of the EU’s principles and policies. The three main purposes guiding its activities include providing support on cultural policy, organizing training programs for cultural leaders, and fostering cooperation among cultural and creative sectors.
As a Communications Expert, you will be responsible for:
- Overall Communication Coordination: Collaborating closely with project officers to coordinate internal and external communications.
- Content Development: Creating publications and information documents that showcase the Platform’s activities.
- Dissemination Planning: Developing and executing dissemination plans and strategies to expand the audience for the Platform’s activities, publications, and open calls.
- Data-driven Reports: Compiling detailed communication reports for each activity, gathering both on- and offline data, and providing recommendations for future use.
- Social Media Management: Actively managing social media platforms through regular post drafting and publishing.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitoring the Platform’s website and social media feeds, producing periodic reports, and enhancing social media performance.
- Audience Analysis: Developing a deeper understanding of the Platform’s specific audience across online platforms to strengthen communication strategies.
- Design and Multimedia: Designing institutional documents, reviews, research publications, and impactful infographics for both printed and online publications.
- Event Planning: Contributing to the planning and organization of Platform events, including online and offline productions, logistics management, and collaboration with partners and stakeholders.
Find out more in the description here.
- University degree (or equivalent).
- Proven experience as a Communication officer in EU-funded projects or at international level.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in media, public relations, advocacy, international relations, marketing development, digital communications, or related fields.
- Proficiency in managing digital tools, social media platforms, and web management.
- Knowledge of international cultural relations and familiarity with key partners in the field of culture.
- Excellent editorial and writing skills in English; knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are ready for an interesting and varied freelance contract, submit your complete application, including a CV and a cover letter, by January 8, 2024, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The anticipated starting date is March 1, 2024 (fixed term contract).
*The final contracting is subject to approval of the contracting authority.