Launched in January 2021, the New European Bauhaus is an environmental, economic and cultural project, aiming to combine design, sustainability, accessibility, affordability and investment in order to help deliver the European Green Deal.
It is a platform for experimentation fostering collaboration across thinkers to accelerate the green transformation by combining sustainability and aesthetics. It creates a bridge between the world of science & technology and the world of art & culture.
The New European Bauhaus will:
- Bring citizens, experts, businesses, and Institutions together and facilitate conversations about making tomorrow’s living spaces more affordable and accessible.
- Mobilise designers, architects, engineers, scientists, students, and creative minds across disciplines to reimagine sustainable living in Europe and beyond.
- Provide financial support to innovative ideas and products through calls for proposals and diverse programs.
IN 3 PHASES
- Co-design (October 2020 – Summer 2021): Gathering of concrete contemporary examples that showcase principles of the New European Bauhaus and launch of a call for proposals for pilot projects in EU Member States where the new Bauhaus concept will come to life.
- Delivery (September 2021 onward): 5 pilot projects will be set up and implemented, supported by specific calls for proposals.
- Dissemination (January 2023 onward): Spreading of the ideas and actions that emerged from the New European Bauhaus projects, to reach a broader audience in Europe and beyond.