Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that this money will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market. The new Horizon Europe programme is meant to start on 2021 until 2027.
One section of H2020 programme is “Europe in a changing world – Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies” which promotes – amongst others – a better understanding of Europe’s cultural and social diversity and of its past.
Below is a selection of H2020 projects related to international cultural relations.
- Visual History of the Holocaust: Rethinking Curation in the Digital > https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/822670/fr
- STARTS initiative > https://www.starts.eu/
- EL-CSID – European Leadership in Cultural, Science and Innovation Diplomacy (2016-2019) > https://www.el-csid.eu/
- ILUCIDARE – Cultural heritage-led innovation and diplomacy (2018-2021) > https://ilucidare.eu/
- EULAC Focus – Giving focus to the Cultural, Scientific and Social Dimension of EU – CELAC Relations (2016-2019) > http://eulac-focus.net/
- EU-LAC-MUSEUMS (2016-2021) > https://eulacmuseums.net/index.php
- INVENT – European Inventory of Societal values of culture as a basis for inclusive cultural policies in the globalizing world (2020-2023)
- GREASE – Radicalisation, Secularism and the Governance of Religion: Bringing together European and Asian Perspectives (2019-2022) > http://grease.eui.eu/