Creative Europe: MEDIA Sub-programme
The MEDIA Sub-programme of Creative Europe is designed to support European film and other audiovisual industries. It provides funding for the development, promotion and distribution of European works within Europe and beyond.
The programme also supports international co-production funds and contributes to international co-productions between MEDIA participating countries (see the list here) and other countries.
MEDIA develops multiple activities and initiatives
- Initiatives to promote the distribution of work and the access to markets
- Initiatives for the development of projects
- Support for the production of television programmes or video games
- Activities to increase interest in and improve access to audio-visual works
- Activities to promote European films, such as cinema networks or film festivals
- Initiatives to bring European films closer to citizens, by going local
- Measures that facilitate international co-production and strengthen the circulation and distribution of works
- Trainings to build skills and capacities of audio-visual sector professionals