The project Support to European Film Festivals launched in November 2018 by the European Union (under the Foreign Policy Instrument) is implemented by Cineuropa, Institut Français and Goethe-Institut Brussels.
The goal is to support the creation and enhance the quality of EU Film Festivals organized by the EU delegations worldwide outside of Europe. The consortium proposes a number of services available to all European delegations:
- Repository of 30 European films selected by a jury
- Secure their worldwide non-commercial rights and produce and distribute DCPs and Blu-rays to all the delegations
- Assistance to the organisation of side events (workshops, master classes, film education, coproduction markets, networking meetings…)
- Several delegations will receive additional and direct support by hiring curators, researching local sponsorships and partnerships, renting facilities…
- Creation of common visual and graphics available to all delegations. The visual identity can be accessed from this website, on this link.
- Online and offline trainings with different modules on film festival management
- Do-it-yourself guide which can be found on this website, through the database.