We were very happy to work with the European Commission and Opera Europa to organise an event as part of EXPO2020 in Dubai.
The event, Global Harmonies: a panel discussion on music, arts and solidarity, took place as part of EU Honour Day on Saturday 23 October.
It brought together a truly global panel of performers, cultural managers and journalists from the music and opera spheres, and included three short musical performances.
You can watch the recording here.
Moderator: Khadija El Bennaoui , Head of Performing Arts at the Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation (United Arab Emirates)
- Claire Antoine, Soprano, Dutch National Opera (France)
- Adam Rogala, Pianist and Répétiteur, Dutch National Opera (Poland)
- Darwin Prakash, Baritone, Hanover State Opera (India)
- Francesco Greco, Deputy Director of Studies and Répétiteur, Hanover State Opera (Italy)
- Lauren Agosta, Opera singer, cultural manager and GCRP alumna (United States)
- Zhenyu Zeng, Producer and founder of the China-Europe Youth Orchestra, and GCRP alumnus (China)
- Cecilia Sofia Piña Salas, Artist, musician and cultural activist, and GCRP alumna (Mexico)
- Saeed Saeed, Features Writer at the National, focused on music and Arabic pop culture (United Arab Emirates)
- Dr. Ronald Perlwitz, Music Programme Head, Department of Culture and Tourism Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Jorge Pinto, Culture Planning and Development Director, Department of Culture and Tourism Abu Dhabi (UAE)
About EXPO2020 and EU Honour Day
EXPO2020 Dubai is the 35th World Expo since their creation in 1851 and was originally planned to take place in 2020. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic it was postponed and is now taking place from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022. This year’s theme is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”.
EU Honour Day on Saturday 23 October consisted of a broad series of events highlighting European unity, diversity and solidarity.